Friday, May 9, 2008

My On-The-Job-Training Days: A Look Back

I had fun while "working" at RIZAL SPECIAL EDUACTION LEARNING CENTER. I am so thankful that our supervisor, Ma’am Gold was really kind and accommodating. I was really anxious about working alone on Tuesday and Thursday mornings but she made it easier for me. She was very open about herself and was genuinely interested to also get to know us.

I especially loved my experience in the Intellectually Challenged (IC) class. I adored the kids even if I only had one-hour encounters with them. James was one of my favorites because he’d talk to me whenever he found his way to the Guidance Office. I’d always ask him how he was and he’s shyly look away and say, “Fine, teach.” I really hope that we could be assistant teachers in the IC class again soon.

Doing the OLSAT profiling was also a task that I liked. Although it was pretty menial, I also got the chance to review something that I could not have practiced if Ma’am Gold did not trust us with the job. Maybe I’d also be a Guidance Counselor someday and the experience could help me in making my job easier because I’ve already practiced and experienced it. I really pray that Ma’am Gold’s plan of letting us administer the OLSATs would really push through because that would be another learning experience.

Although the teachers’ evaluation was a tedious and tiring task, I also had fun doing it because I discovered an easier way of tallying the students’ evaluation of their teachers. Ma’am Gold’s method of getting the students’ evaluation was good and is also a big help for the tallying person not to get lost in the tallying process. There were many times when I felt I would fall asleep while working but I was able to keep myself awake because of the set deadline that we had for that task.

I’m also glad that I had Misuey and JP with me during the practicum. They helped in making things easier for me because I knew that they would be there to help me out. I’m also glad that I got to know some students in that school. They were really kind and friendly.

I’m honestly looking forward to our next training in Rizal Sped. I know that there are still a lot of experiences in store for me.

1 comment:

memphis said...

special mention man diay ko diri Ca.. hehe